Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.3
All Sprite references disappear when upgrading from 4.5.2f1 to 4.5.2p2
With the attached project:
0. Make sure the Library folder is deleted
1. Open the project using Unity 4.5.2p2, open the scene f1 (which was created with 4.5.2f1)
2. Notice the "sky" and "player" game object's sprite renderers have a missing sprites. The "player" prefab also has a missing sprite.
4. Compare the player.prefab file with the player_p2.prefab file. Notice the sprite fileID in player.prefab references fileID: 21300000. The prefab creted with 4.5.2p2 references the fileID: 21300002, thus causing the missing sprite.
General steps to reproduce (without attached project)
1. Create a 2D project with Unity 4.3 to 4.5.2f1.
2. Add a sprite to your project (notice the sprite meta file will contain the fileIDToRecycleName: 21300000
3. Add a sprite to the scene.
4. Create a prefab out of the sprite added (notice the SpriteRenderer component of the prefab references fileID: 21300000, as expected), and add it to the scene
5. Save the scene.
6. Now delete the library folder and open the project with 4.5.2p2.
7. The sprite you added with now be missing.
8. If you create a new prefab with the sprite in 4.5.2p2, the SpriteRenderer component will now reference fileID: 21300002, even though the sprites meta info still shows 21300000
9. This happens with every sprite in the project, so for large projects, it makes upgrading impossible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"
- The dropdown component breaks when the 31st Layer is used