Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.3
All Sprite references disappear when upgrading from 4.5.2f1 to 4.5.2p2
With the attached project:
0. Make sure the Library folder is deleted
1. Open the project using Unity 4.5.2p2, open the scene f1 (which was created with 4.5.2f1)
2. Notice the "sky" and "player" game object's sprite renderers have a missing sprites. The "player" prefab also has a missing sprite.
4. Compare the player.prefab file with the player_p2.prefab file. Notice the sprite fileID in player.prefab references fileID: 21300000. The prefab creted with 4.5.2p2 references the fileID: 21300002, thus causing the missing sprite.
General steps to reproduce (without attached project)
1. Create a 2D project with Unity 4.3 to 4.5.2f1.
2. Add a sprite to your project (notice the sprite meta file will contain the fileIDToRecycleName: 21300000
3. Add a sprite to the scene.
4. Create a prefab out of the sprite added (notice the SpriteRenderer component of the prefab references fileID: 21300000, as expected), and add it to the scene
5. Save the scene.
6. Now delete the library folder and open the project with 4.5.2p2.
7. The sprite you added with now be missing.
8. If you create a new prefab with the sprite in 4.5.2p2, the SpriteRenderer component will now reference fileID: 21300002, even though the sprites meta info still shows 21300000
9. This happens with every sprite in the project, so for large projects, it makes upgrading impossible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Aug 18, 2015 18:26
This issue is happening to all my projects.
I'm upgrating my 2D projects from 4.6 to 5 and a lot of random spriteRenderers are loosing sprite reference.
Its impossible to set everyone by hand....
Waiting for the fix!!!!!
Dec 31, 2014 10:21
!!!!!!! Please read this issue. I think this problem is not fixed.
Oct 30, 2014 19:03
This issue is still happening for me and my team on random sprites. When we upgrade from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 or above (I've tried 4.5.5p3) we get missing sprites. If we delete the Library folder and reopen them in 4.5.3, they all come back.