Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.18.15
Found in [Package]
[Addressables] Unity runs out of memory when building Adressables, the build is never completed
1. Extract the project in"InstallationTracker.zip"
2. Execute 'xattr -cr case_1332957-InstallationTracker' in the location you extracted the project
3. Open the project
4. Go Window -> Asset Management -> Addressables -> Groups
5. In Addressables Groups window click Build -> New Build -> Default Build Script
Expected result: A progress bar will show up and after a while the build completes
Actual result: A progress bar shows up, the build never completes, In about a minute of building time, Unity will take up all available RAM on the device and will stay in that state indefinitely
Reproducible with: 1.4.0 (2020.3.6f1), 1.18.2 (2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1), 1.17.17 (2021.2.0a15)
Could not test with 2018.4.34f1 (package errors, project breaks)
Reproducible on Windows and Mac
1. The customer mentioned that this sometimes causes the entire computer to crash/ shut down, but I was not able to reproduce this behaviour. The RAM fills out but nothing happens afterward.
2. Force Quit the application at any point to free the RAM
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window