Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 1.18.5
Found in [Package]
[Addressables] Unity runs out of memory when building Adressables, the build is never completed
1. Extract the project in"InstallationTracker.zip"
2. Execute 'xattr -cr case_1332957-InstallationTracker' in the location you extracted the project
3. Open the project
4. Go Window -> Asset Management -> Addressables -> Groups
5. In Addressables Groups window click Build -> New Build -> Default Build Script
Expected result: A progress bar will show up and after a while the build completes
Actual result: A progress bar shows up, the build never completes, In about a minute of building time, Unity will take up all available RAM on the device and will stay in that state indefinitely
Reproducible with: 1.4.0 (2020.3.6f1), 1.18.2 (2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1), 1.17.17 (2021.2.0a15)
Could not test with 2018.4.34f1 (package errors, project breaks)
Reproducible on Windows and Mac
1. The customer mentioned that this sometimes causes the entire computer to crash/ shut down, but I was not able to reproduce this behaviour. The RAM fills out but nothing happens afterward.
2. Force Quit the application at any point to free the RAM
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Templates are missing in Hub 3.0.0-beta.2 when creating new project for Unity 2022.1
- SRPBatcher not increasing CBuffer size when material shader is changed
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1