Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Addressables] ContentPipeline.BuildAssetBundles will corrupt ScriptableObjects built via a Class Library
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Observe that AddressableAssetsData has all non-null values
3. Run "BUILD/Build Bundles for Test". This generates Legacy Asset Bundles, manual ContentPipeline asset bundles, and Addressables
4. Set Addressables to "Fast Mode".
5. Play the scene
6. Observe that ScriptableObject data for DllClass and DllStruct (which are imported via a Class Library to the plugins folder) have default (non null!) data WHEN loaded from the ContentPipeline asset bundles. Fast Mode bypasses this, and thus, they load correctly
7. Set Addressables to "Packed Mode"
8. Play the scene
9. Observe that ScriptableObject data for DllClass and DllStruct (which are imported via a Class Library to the plugins folder) have default (non null!) data.
Expected result: ContentPipeline.BuildAssetBundles should not corrupt ScriptableObjects built via a Class Library
Reproduced on Adressable System version 0.1.2 - 0.0.18 with 2018.2.1f1 - 2018.2.0b1
Reproduced with Android and Windows platforms
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a8, 2018.2.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework