Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Addressables] ContentPipeline.BuildAssetBundles will corrupt ScriptableObjects built via a Class Library
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Observe that AddressableAssetsData has all non-null values
3. Run "BUILD/Build Bundles for Test". This generates Legacy Asset Bundles, manual ContentPipeline asset bundles, and Addressables
4. Set Addressables to "Fast Mode".
5. Play the scene
6. Observe that ScriptableObject data for DllClass and DllStruct (which are imported via a Class Library to the plugins folder) have default (non null!) data WHEN loaded from the ContentPipeline asset bundles. Fast Mode bypasses this, and thus, they load correctly
7. Set Addressables to "Packed Mode"
8. Play the scene
9. Observe that ScriptableObject data for DllClass and DllStruct (which are imported via a Class Library to the plugins folder) have default (non null!) data.
Expected result: ContentPipeline.BuildAssetBundles should not corrupt ScriptableObjects built via a Class Library
Reproduced on Adressable System version 0.1.2 - 0.0.18 with 2018.2.1f1 - 2018.2.0b1
Reproduced with Android and Windows platforms
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a8, 2018.2.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade
- [Lighting] Infinitely shown error after assigning 2D texture to cubemap property of reflection probe
- Unity Crashes when importing a prefab containing missing nested prefab
- Profile Analyzer - top marker bar doesn't match calls list
- Polygon Collider 2D's "Edit Collider" button breaks if multiple inspectors are open