Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Adding multiple single type Components to the Prefab prevents reverting a removed component of the same type
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a GameObject and add an Animator component
3. Create a Prefab out of that GameObject
4. Remove the Animator Component from the Prefab instance
5. Add another Animator Component to the Prefab instance
6. Attempt to revert the removed Animator Component
7. Remove the later added Animator Component from the Prefab instance
8. Attempt to revert the original Animator Component again
Expected result: the removed Animator Component is reverted successfully
Actual result: nothing happens. There are no Overrides (Can be checked by pressing "Overrides" button), but the Removed Animator is still visible (and can be applied from context menu) in Inspector.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1(uses the old Prefab system)
Issue occurs with all Components that can only be added once
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first