Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Absolute paths in the manifest.json are being set for external packages added via tarball
How to reproduce:
1. Create and open a new Unity project
2. Download the attached "External.tgz" package
3. In the created project's Project folder create a new folder and put the downloaded package there
4. In the Editor, open the Package Manager (Window -> Package Manager)
5. Press the Plus button at the top-left of the Package Manager and select "Add package from tarball"
6. In the window that opens select the "External.tgz" package and press Open
7. Open the manifest.json (Project folder -> Packages -> manifest.json)
Expected results: The package in the manifest.json is listed as: file:../ExternalPackages/External.tgz
Actual results: The package in the manifest.json is listed as: file:DRIVE:/FOLDER/PROJECT/ExternalPackages/External.tgz
Reproducible with: 2020.3.1f1, 2020.3.4f1, 2021.1.3f1, 2021.2.0a13
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.0f1
Could not test with: 2018.4.34f1 (Adding a package via tarball is not possible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- Timeout value does not propagate when using a DelegatingHandler as the main HttpClient handler