Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2021.1.X
Changes to TextMesh.color can be rendered a frame too early
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached TimingTextBug2019.zip project
2. Enter the Play mode and inspect the Game view
3. If the issue is not reproducible build the Player
Actual: Text color can be updated a frame before the position gets updated (see the Glitch(WithCube).mp4 attached)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.15f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a14
- The issue does not reproduce consistently because it is a timing issue. However, the issue is easiest to reproduce in the Player on MacOS with Metal or on Windows with Vulkan.
- When it’s incorrect you’ll notice that some of the frames with the red text are erroneously still positioned above the other text rather than underneath where they should be. The error only lasts one frame
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags