Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 2019.4.X
A reference of a Prefab instance to its Prefab gets reset to the instance itself when entering Play Mode
1. Open the attached project 'PrefabReferenceBug'
2. Open the 'SampleScene' Scene from the 'Scenes' folder
3. Select the 'Other Prefab' Game Object in the Hierarchy
4. Drag and drop the 'Thing Prefab' Game Object from the Assets folder to the 'Other Thing' property
5. Enter the Play Mode
Expected result: The 'Other Thing' property remained set to 'Thing Prefab'
Actual result: The 'Other Thing' property switched back to 'Other Prefab'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.14f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a6
- If you create another prefab with 'Thing' Component, and set that new Prefab as the value of 'Other Thing' Property of the 'Other Prefab' Game Object and Enter and Exit Play Mode, and then repeat steps 2-4, the bug is not reproducible anymore
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Folder name is truncated when dot is used in the name
- Reorderable List elements cannot be edited when using Custom Editors and Serialized Objects
- VideoPlayer does not play video when device is using Android 6.0.1
- Play, Pause, Skip Frame buttons in the Toolbar don't have Tooltips when hovering the mouse over them
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds