Search Issue Tracker
Name of a GameObject can be set to an empty string when changed in the Inspector window
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open the Inspector window
3. Create an empty GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Delete the name of the GameObject in the Inspector and click enter
Expected result: The name of the GameObject is left unchanged
Actual result: The name of the GameObject is set to an empty string
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.10f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Deleting the name by changing it in the Hierarchy will behave as expected.
Trying to create a Prefab from a GameObject with no name will result in Console error.
Since Unity version 2018.3.0a6 trying to create a Prefab from a GameObject with no name will additionally result in "Access is denied" error message.
Since Unity version 2018.3.0a6 trying to create a Prefab from a GameObject with no name will make a Prefab with a broken Prefab Connection.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine