Search Issue Tracker
2048 x 2048 sprite sheet causes the crash
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) with Android 4.0.4
Not reproduced on:
Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2
Unity Version 4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986)
The crash is not caused by the 2048 x 2048 sprite sheet. The crash happens because loaded sprite sheets are not cleared from the memory.
In the project objects are loaded with LoadLevelAdditiveAsync one by one. After loading the second object, the first object is removed by calling "Destroy". This however does not remove loaded sprite sheet from the memory.
Adding "Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets();" right after "Destroy" frees memory and prevents the crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Errors appear when entering Play Mode if using AsDeferredJobArray()
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device
- TerrainData.AwakeFromLoad takes around 13-19 ms after loading a Terrain from an asset bundle