Search Issue Tracker
2048 x 2048 sprite sheet causes the crash
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) with Android 4.0.4
Not reproduced on:
Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2
Unity Version 4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986)
The crash is not caused by the 2048 x 2048 sprite sheet. The crash happens because loaded sprite sheets are not cleared from the memory.
In the project objects are loaded with LoadLevelAdditiveAsync one by one. After loading the second object, the first object is removed by calling "Destroy". This however does not remove loaded sprite sheet from the memory.
Adding "Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets();" right after "Destroy" frees memory and prevents the crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Specular Highlights have precision issues on devices with Adreno GPU
- Wireframe mesh flickers when cursor is in Scene view
- [Linux] Android build fails with “CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.” error
- [iOS] Touch.rawPosition changes position when touch is dragged
- Loading a scene with a large amount of light probes causes a performance spike