Search Issue Tracker
2048 x 2048 sprite sheet causes the crash
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) with Android 4.0.4
Not reproduced on:
Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2
Unity Version 4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986)
The crash is not caused by the 2048 x 2048 sprite sheet. The crash happens because loaded sprite sheets are not cleared from the memory.
In the project objects are loaded with LoadLevelAdditiveAsync one by one. After loading the second object, the first object is removed by calling "Destroy". This however does not remove loaded sprite sheet from the memory.
Adding "Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets();" right after "Destroy" frees memory and prevents the crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Shaders, MacOS, WebGL] Shader Rendering Incorrectly on remotely downloaded Shader
- Mesh Collider with a Rigidbody bounces differently from other Mesh Collider versus other Box Collider
- [Regression] Colliders added at Runtime sometimes lose their functionality
- [Android] Etc2Comp causes RGB colorspace to be black in alpha channel areas
- InputField gets corrupted and ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when using certain emojis