Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
2:30 minute delays when loading culling performance Scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Tree_perf__HDRP"
2. Open the Scene "TEST_SCENE"
Expected result: There is no Hold on pop-up window, Scene loads instantly
Actual result: A pop-up window Hold on (busy for xxxxx) SceneView.OnGUI.repaint message appears and then dissapears after 2-4 minutes
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b3
- Wait times of ~2:30 (when Editor UI is unresponsive) are observed while the Scene is loading during scenarios such as: initially opening the project as the Scene view is being loaded or rendered, terrain object being removed and then added back in with undo, Profiler window not being opened
- During wait, computer resources (CPU, memory, disk) are not heavily used
- When issue was originally observed (also using trunk editor 0b3), waits were persistent through editor usage when default profile modules were selected. After removing profile modules except for CPU usage on later repro, wait only seems to occur first time moving from scene > game view
Nov 08, 2020 03:11
I see the same as Ryan on that version..
Nov 07, 2020 22:33
Issue ID: 1276854 - This issue has still not been resolved, please reopen it and fix it ASAP.
You stated that the above issue is fixed in Unity 2019.4.14f1, however issue ID 1276854 is still broken.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0a3