Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
[XR SDK] [URP] Occlusion culling is inoperative
1. Open the attached project ("1304299Repro.zip")
2. Make sure MockHMD is enabled (Project Settings->XR Plug-in Management)
3. Open "BugScene" scene
4. Open Occlusion window (Window->Rendering->Occlusion Culling)
5. Open Scene window, set Occlusion Culling to Visualise and Enable Visibility lines
6. Observe the objects that shouldn't be rendered
7. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Only objects that are in the range of Visibility Lines are rendered
Actual result: Occlusion culling is not working, all scene is rendered (see "jtB9tsCiPw.mp4" video)
Reproducible with: URP 10.2.2 (2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2)
Not reproducible with: URP 7.5.2, 8.3.1. 9.0.0-preview.72 (2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.2f1)
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1 (XR SDK not available)
- Oculus Rift S
Mar 09, 2021 15:30
This seems fixed in 2020.2.7
See here -> https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2020.2.7
Mar 04, 2021 16:32
Thanks for working so quickly on this Unity Team! Is the 2020.2 version publicly available yet? (I just tried Unity 2020.2.6 & URP 10.3.2 and observed the same results as before).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Testing indicates this is fixed in Unity 2021.2.0a5.
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Testing using an internal build leading up to 2020.3.0f1.1 indicates that this bug is fixed.