Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
[XR][Oculus] TouchScreenKeyboard reports state "Visible" even if the <uses-feature> is not defined in the AndroidManifest
1. Download the attached user's project "KeyboardMinRepro.zip"
2. Build and Run on Oculus Quest 1/2
3. Wiggle the joystick, which causes the "KeyboardReproProjectActions MonoBehaviour" to call "TouchScreenKeyboard.Open()"
4. Notice that the debug info display reports that the newly-opened "TouchScreenKeyboard is state: Visible”, but the keyboard isn’t displaying in-headset
Expected result: TouchScreenKeyboard does not report the state "Visible" if the "oculus.software.overlay_keyboard" <uses-feature> is not defined in the AndroidManifest
Actual result: TouchScreenKeyboard reports state "Visible" even if the <uses-feature> is not defined in the AndroidManifest and thus the in-headset keyboard fails to instantiate
Reproduces on: Oculus XR 1.9.1 - 1.10.0 (2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.20f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a7)
Could not test 2019.4.30f1 due to the APP freezing after the Splash screen
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up