Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.0.3
[WSA] Typing with touch screen keyboard PasswordField shows clear text
GUI.TextField and GUI.PasswordField fail to function correctly. Typing with touchscreen keyboard, PasswordField displays clear text until focus changes, and TextField doesn't display the argument text passed into the function.
Reproducible on 4.6, 5.0 versions;
1) Extract the attached sample and open the scene in the editor. The project displays two fields. The top is a standard PasswordField(). The bottom is a masked TextField that should display '*'s for characters and should look exactly like a PasswordField.
2) Run in the editor. Note that both the PasswordField() and Masked TextField operate as expected.
3) Open the build settings window and switch to Windows Store target, SDK 8.1
4) build and run the project on touchscreen device
Note that the PasswordField displays clear text, and the call does not return any text at all until GUI focus changes. Also note that the workaround TextField doesn't display the text being provided, but instead displays what the user typed until GUI focus changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors