Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[WSA] on Universal 10 Screen.orientation returns incorrect orientation state on startup
When setting the default orientation to "Portrait", but running it in desktop mode on the Surface 4, starting in landscape orientation. In this case the orientation will be reported to be Portrait, even though the OS has forced it to be in landscape.
- Set the default orientation to Portrait in Player Settings.
- Put your Surface tablet in desktop mode (not tablet mode) and out it in landscape left orientation.
- start the app, it will open in a window, forced into landscape by OS regardless of default orientation.
- the app will wrongly report "Portrait" as its orientation.
- rotate the device to another orientation, the orientation will be updated correctly.
So it seems as if Unity knows the correct orientation at all times, but is not updating the default orientation API correctly on startup in these cases.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TestRunner] NUnit tests doesn't time out when [Timeout()] attribute is set
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app