Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[WSA] on Universal 10 Screen.orientation returns incorrect orientation state on startup
When setting the default orientation to "Portrait", but running it in desktop mode on the Surface 4, starting in landscape orientation. In this case the orientation will be reported to be Portrait, even though the OS has forced it to be in landscape.
- Set the default orientation to Portrait in Player Settings.
- Put your Surface tablet in desktop mode (not tablet mode) and out it in landscape left orientation.
- start the app, it will open in a window, forced into landscape by OS regardless of default orientation.
- the app will wrongly report "Portrait" as its orientation.
- rotate the device to another orientation, the orientation will be updated correctly.
So it seems as if Unity knows the correct orientation at all times, but is not updating the default orientation API correctly on startup in these cases.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- DrawProceduralIndirect: baseVertexLocation and startInstanceLocation are broken when using DirectX11, DirectX12, OpenGL and Metal
- AudioManager.Update takes up significantly more CPU time when a big number of Audio Sources are stopped at one time
- [Linux] Editor doesn't build a project when "Install into source code 'build' folder" is enabled after switching projects
- [OpenXR][Vulkan][URP] MSAA does not work on Quest 1/2 builds when using URP + OpenXR + Vulkan
- UI Builder lacks visual feedback on reordering elements when Unity Editor is set to Light Theme