Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[WSA] Exported project does not have Visual Assets set correctly in Package manifest
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1066142_repro.zip
2. Switch platform to UWP
3. Build project with IL2CPP backend
4. Open Visual Studios solution
5. Open Package manifest
6. Check Visual asset
Expected results: All Tiles and Logos images are included in Visual assets
Actual results: Small. medium, wide, large tiles and App icons are missing if the exported image format is JPEG
Workaround: change images format to PNG.
Better workaround, manually add the JPEG logo files to the generated Visual Studio project:
1. Open generated VS Solution
2. Expand the Unity app project in Solution Explorer window
3. Right-click on "Assets" folder and select "Add"->"Existing Item..."
4. Within the File Open dialogue, open the "Assets" folder
5. Select all the "logo" files, e.g. Ctrl+A, and then click "Add"
Once you've added all the logo assets to you project, they'll automatically populate within the Visual Assets UI for Package.appxmanifest. In this case, the files were all being copied successfully and the appxmanifest files was generated properly, but a bug in the project generation code wasn't including some of these logo files in the .vcxproj file. Visual Studio doesn't allow you to use a logo file unless it's also included as an asset in the project.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.2.7f1,2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process