Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[WSA] Exported project does not have Visual Assets set correctly in Package manifest
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1066142_repro.zip
2. Switch platform to UWP
3. Build project with IL2CPP backend
4. Open Visual Studios solution
5. Open Package manifest
6. Check Visual asset
Expected results: All Tiles and Logos images are included in Visual assets
Actual results: Small. medium, wide, large tiles and App icons are missing if the exported image format is JPEG
Workaround: change images format to PNG.
Better workaround, manually add the JPEG logo files to the generated Visual Studio project:
1. Open generated VS Solution
2. Expand the Unity app project in Solution Explorer window
3. Right-click on "Assets" folder and select "Add"->"Existing Item..."
4. Within the File Open dialogue, open the "Assets" folder
5. Select all the "logo" files, e.g. Ctrl+A, and then click "Add"
Once you've added all the logo assets to you project, they'll automatically populate within the Visual Assets UI for Package.appxmanifest. In this case, the files were all being copied successfully and the appxmanifest files was generated properly, but a bug in the project generation code wasn't including some of these logo files in the .vcxproj file. Visual Studio doesn't allow you to use a logo file unless it's also included as an asset in the project.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.2.7f1,2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off