Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[WSA] Exported project does not have Visual Assets set correctly in Package manifest
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1066142_repro.zip
2. Switch platform to UWP
3. Build project with IL2CPP backend
4. Open Visual Studios solution
5. Open Package manifest
6. Check Visual asset
Expected results: All Tiles and Logos images are included in Visual assets
Actual results: Small. medium, wide, large tiles and App icons are missing if the exported image format is JPEG
Workaround: change images format to PNG.
Better workaround, manually add the JPEG logo files to the generated Visual Studio project:
1. Open generated VS Solution
2. Expand the Unity app project in Solution Explorer window
3. Right-click on "Assets" folder and select "Add"->"Existing Item..."
4. Within the File Open dialogue, open the "Assets" folder
5. Select all the "logo" files, e.g. Ctrl+A, and then click "Add"
Once you've added all the logo assets to you project, they'll automatically populate within the Visual Assets UI for Package.appxmanifest. In this case, the files were all being copied successfully and the appxmanifest files was generated properly, but a bug in the project generation code wasn't including some of these logo files in the .vcxproj file. Visual Studio doesn't allow you to use a logo file unless it's also included as an asset in the project.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.2.7f1,2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets