Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.1.0
[IMPORTANT][WP8] Prefab references lost when reloading scene
Loading a scene might lead to prefab reference loss on WP8.
The project included has two scenes - a level select scene and a gameplay scene. The level select scene simply loads the gameplay scene after a button press. The gameplay scene sets the background sprite to a prefab sprite. It also reloads itself every second (Application.LoadLevel()).
To reproduce the issue:
1. Open up the strippedRepro project
2. Build & run for WP8, development build
3. Once deployed, press the button "", it loads up the 2nd level
4. The level sets the baground to a blue wallpaper. It also prints out debug.errors on scene reload. Everything works fine, no references are lost so far.
5. Press the "back" button on the Phone, it loads up the previous scene
6. Press the "" button again
7. The background disappears as it's being set to null since the prefab lost it's reference to the sprite
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Window stays outside the display when switching from multiple monitors to a single monitor
- The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- Some normal maps has ripple effect and appears to be lower in quality when using default compression settings
- <color=red><></color> does not work with 呸 symbol