Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
Crash in <RenderStaticBatch> and artefacts appear with a particular mesh and dynamic batching enabled
1. Open the attached project "case_898793_Crash.zip";
2. Open the scene "Scene";
3. Go to Game window and scale the view;
4. Observe artefacts in the view;
5. Enter Play mode;
6. Observe artefacts in the view (artefacts.gif);
7. Click on Main Camera -> Make Crash (Script) and enable "Make Crash";
8. Switch Game and Scene windows till the crash;
Actual result: in the off/on Play mode you can see some artefacts between the objects. When Camera and the objects start to change their positions and settings (when the script "MakeCrash.cs" is turned on) and switching Game and Scene windows, Unity crashes.
Expected result: there should not be the artefacts in the view and Unity should not crash.
Note: Unity crashes with NVIDIA GPU. With AMD GPU, Unity does not crash, but sometimes freezes and shows up an error (error.jpg). If you change the prefab "P_HPS_Light" into static, the crash does not happen and the artefacts in Play mode will not appear. Also, if you change the prefab "P_HPS_Light" Mesh Renderer into some basic mesh (like cube or sphere), everything will work fine. In the standalone the artefacts show up, but the crash does not happen.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.3f1, 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Verified with 2017.3.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TilemapRenderer sorting order is not consistent with different images
- [Shape] Investigate possibility of decreasing the min shape emitter size below 0.01
- "Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
- Unable to pause AudioListener via UI button
- [iOS] Crash in 'main(argc=1, argv=0x000000016fd8f998) at main.mm:33' when microphone permissions are toggled manually