Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
[Windows Installer] Unity components cannot be installed if user had previous 5.x 32bit Unity version installed"
[Windows Installer] Unity components cannot be installed with error "Failed to locate Unity.exe!"
If user had previously installed release Unity (32bit), installation of components (e.g. Windows Target Support) fails.
On installation of Unity user gets error and cannot install Playback engine.
Records from previous 32bit Unity versions are left in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unity Technologies\Installer\Unity_folder\Location) that causes failure on installation of components.
Steps to repro:
0 Pre-condition:. Installed 5.x release version and (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unity Technologies\Installer\Unity\Location) key in registry set.
1. Run 5.3.0f1 Download assistant. Check Unity and Windows Target Support components and proceed to installation.
Actual result: User gets error "Failed to locate Unity.exe!"
Expected result: Unity and components are installed with no problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo