Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1
[Windows] A lot of time is required extracting Smoothing Groups when using certain FBX files
How to reproduce:
1. Create a project with the default 3D template
2. Download the attached FBX file
3. Import the FBX file to the project
Expected result: Import takes up to 5-8 minutes to finish
Actual result: Import takes around 2 hours to finish
Reproducible with: 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a25, 2020.2.0a1
Couldn't test with: 2017.4.37f1 (There is no option to prefer smoothing groups)
1. Import on macOS takes up to 8 minutes
2. If FBX Model's Smoothness Source option is set to "From Angle", the model is imported a lot faster (~20 seconds)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'