Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Win standalone titlebar buttons don't function if touched when default is not fullscreen and window is resizable
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Open Buidl settings
3. Switch platform to Windows standalone and go to project settings
4. Unceck "default is Fullscreen" checkbox
5. Check "resizable Window" checkbox
6. Build and run on Windows tablet/touch device (tested with Surface Pro 3)
7. Run in windowed mode
8. Maximize the window by touching the maximize titlebar button
9. Now press any of the title bar buttons (minimize, windowed, close)
Expected behavior: Titlebar buttons function when touched
Actual behavior: nothing happens if you touch any of the titlebar buttons
Reproducible with: 5.4.0f3, 5.4.4p3, 5.5.2p1, 5.6.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Dec 05, 2022 13:57
If this has been resolved, it is happening again in 2021.3.9f1.
Apr 10, 2020 16:38
Thanks for sharing a good article.
Mar 14, 2019 09:30
The same issue in 2018.2.20. Is it Unity bug or Win10 bug?
May 31, 2018 14:32
Same issue in Unity 2017.4.3f1
May 23, 2018 20:17
Seeing this issue in 2017.1.0p4
Even tried to handle the window ourselves using user32 calls, but it seems as if Unity keeps overwriting the window to not allow touch input when maximized.
It also seems as if the window gets reset when you reach a certain size, and then it can't be dragged anymore via touch input.
Will this be fixed anytime soon?
Oct 18, 2017 16:11
We also notice on the Lenovo that the maximise, minimise and close buttons are non functional from the moment the window is opened. Unity 5.3.8f1
Oct 18, 2017 16:08
Also getting the same issue using a Lenovo touch screen running Windows 10
Aug 31, 2017 13:20
We also got this problem and I haven't found a workaround either. We create our app for Touchscreens so we really need to have this fixed
May 03, 2017 13:59
I've ran a series of additional tests on this issue as it's pretty critical for us. I've been unable to find a suitable workaround so far.
1) Everything works correctly with a mouse. All the issues only affect touchscreens.
2) You cannot drag the window at all.
3) You cannot use the icon menu (left of tittle bar) at all.
4) You can only resize the windows by dragging the right and bottom borders (left and top do nothing).
5) Minimize, Maximize and Close all work before maximizing. None do after.
6) Clearing PlayerPrefs from the registry fixes Minimize/Maximize/Close for the next time you start unity.
7) Changing "Screenmanager Resolution Width" in PlayerPrefs in the registry can fix Minimize/Maximize/Close for the next time you start unity.
8) Clicking Restore with a mouse while the window is maximized restores the Minimize/Maximize/Close behaviour.
I feel like all these bugs could be symptoms of the same issue. I also believe this affects all non-fullscreen standalone Unity apps, when running them on Windows tablets/laptops with touchscreens.
We're using Unity 5.3.2 for this particular project.
May 03, 2017 12:51
We're running into the same issue over here. I'd like to add that clicking the buttons on a windows title bar works (using a mouse). Touching them does not (via touchscreen).