Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Win][Regression][5.5] Shadowy artifact appears on Terrain upon SpeedTree LOD level transition
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity 5.5.0 on Windows;
2. Extract attached package and open 'test' scene;
3. In the Hierarchy double click on 'Main Camera' gameobject;
4. Drag the camera on z-axis until you see tree billboard in the GameView;
5. Drag the camera on the opposite direction until LOD0 - green tree is displayed;
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 2-3 times;
7. Observe the GameView.
At some point of LOD transition (usually LOD3-LOD2 or LOD2-LOD1) shadowy artifacts appears in the GameView on terrain's surface (see attached gif video).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
This could be D3D specific error.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0a3;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.0f1, 5.4.0b25;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10 in DX 11 (checked);
- Not reproducible on OSX 10.11.5 in GlCore;
- Reproducible only in the Editor's GameView; not reproducible in SceneView;
- Not reproducible in Standalone build.
All about bugs
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler