Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
[Shadows][Quality] There is 1px white border in Forward+MSAA (because of Screenspace Shadow Collect pass)
When using standard MSAA in the Unity quality settings, with forward rendering, I'm getting a 1px white border between my object and its shadow. This is on a Radeon 5850. Changing the shader between diffuse or specular makes no difference, and neither does implementing the specular shader fix which some people have posted on the forums for a similar issue (adding o.Normal = fixed3(0,0,1);). Using no AA, FXAA etc, are all OK and have no issues.
1 Open attached project
2 Open scene "Scene"
3 Look at the chassis_small object
If using no Anti Aliasing - it works fine.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] AudioClip generated by an external process (LMMS) and loaded into the editor has no samples
- [Hub][Mac] "Create" button in Project creation window does not gray out when selecting root folder of Read-Only external storage
- Private OnSceneGUI method is not called when using a base Editor type with the attribute editorForChildClasses
- Sprite.OverrideGeometry Incorrectly overrides vertices
- [Unity 2018] Editor crash on switching target platform when project contains a dll asset with a define constraint