Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
[Shadows][Quality] There is 1px white border in Forward+MSAA (because of Screenspace Shadow Collect pass)
When using standard MSAA in the Unity quality settings, with forward rendering, I'm getting a 1px white border between my object and its shadow. This is on a Radeon 5850. Changing the shader between diffuse or specular makes no difference, and neither does implementing the specular shader fix which some people have posted on the forums for a similar issue (adding o.Normal = fixed3(0,0,1);). Using no AA, FXAA etc, are all OK and have no issues.
1 Open attached project
2 Open scene "Scene"
3 Look at the chassis_small object
If using no Anti Aliasing - it works fine.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website
- QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems