Search Issue Tracker
When the CharacterController component has a step-offset
Bug reproduced in version 4.3.0b5 (19fb00de019e)
In this example, the character controller on the "Character" game object has a height of 1.7, a radius of .3 and a step offset of 0.5. The gap in the red arch is 2 units high.
In the demo, you can press the "up" key, and the capsule character will be stopped by the gap. Continuing to press into it will eventually sent the character through.
This behavior can be completely removed by setting the step offset to 0, however, that is rather undesireable.
My desired behavior in this instance is that since the character collider's capsule is smaller than the gap, the capsule should have no issues moving through the gap, no matter the value of the step offset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected