Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.2
When Particle System is stopped and cleared after that it won't play with simulation space set to local
1. Open attached project (ReproProject.zip)
2. Open and play the "test" scene
3. On the keyboard press "S" (to stop the particle system)
4. Then press "P" on the keyboard (to play the particle system again)
5. Particle system won't play
Actual result: Particle System doesn't play after it was stopped and cleared
Expected result: Particle System should play after it was stopped and cleared.
Note: If the Particle System isn't cleared everything works fine.
Regression introduced in: 5.3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Feb 08, 2016 22:12
The problem only occurs when Simulation Space is set to Local. In World Simulation Space it works properly.
Feb 08, 2016 22:02
I can re-create the issue in 5.3.2f1.
Jan 04, 2016 15:07
Note: it works if you add an empty subemitter!
Unfortunately, it's not possible to apply this workaround through code.
Jan 03, 2016 06:17
in both 5.3.1 and 5.3.1p1, particle system will not start again when stopped if the space is set to local. This broke nearly all of my effects as I use pooling extensively. I am quite surprised at this getting so few votes.