Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
When building the game for Windows, the .exe takes the file name of the folder you save in, instead of the given "Product Name"
1. Build a new project
2. Observe that the .exe file's name is the same as the folder the .exe is in
Expected: Product Name, set in Player settings, should be used as the name of the executable. Alternatively, there should be a way to specify the name of the .exe file prior to building.
Reproduced in 2018.1.0b8, 2018.1.0b13, 2018.2.0a8
Did not reproduce in earlier versions, when building you were asked to specify the name of the .exe instead of the folder and thus there wasn't a problem with .exe taking the name of the folder
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
Oct 22, 2018 17:48
This issue is said to be fixed in 2018.2 but it's not.
The issue happens in 2018.2.13f1:
- building the project asks a destination where to save the built project,
- naming the executable is not possible,
- the executable takes the name of the project.
Jul 28, 2018 07:06
Currently not working for me, build is still being called folder name (ver 2018.1.5f1)
Naming errors occur in WebGL builds also.....
Jul 01, 2018 03:59
Reproduced in 2018.1.6f1. Didn't realize this was already reported when I made a duplicate bug....
Jun 05, 2018 12:09
Reproduced in 2018.1.2f1
Jun 05, 2018 12:08
This worked fine in 5.1.2, 5.2.3, 5.6.2, 5.6.3p1 and 5.6.3p1 (those are the projects I have on disk and can verify with).