Search Issue Tracker
[WebGL] WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing always returns false on WebGL Android
1. Create a new project and Import the attached custom Package "frontfacingissue.unitypackage"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity" and switch to WebGL Platform
3. Build for WebGL
4. Use https://app.netlify.com for hosting the WebGL Build
5. Enter the address generated by https://app.netlify.com
6. Navigate to "edge://inspect/#devices" or "chrome://inspect/#devices"
7. Attach Chrome/Edge DevTools to the device and Inspect the loaded Webpage Console
Expected result: WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing returns True or False on WebGL Android
Actual result: WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing always returns False on WebGL Android (See attached Results.png)
Reproduces on: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.12f1, 2020.2.0b10, 2021.1.0a4
Reproduced on these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
Could not test on these devices(Due to the browser Console not outputting anything):
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
N/A, Lge LG V50 ThinQ (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
-If the Console is not outputting anything, a refresh of the page is required.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo