Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
[WebGL] WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing always returns false on WebGL Android
1. Create a new project and Import the attached custom Package "frontfacingissue.unitypackage"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity" and switch to WebGL Platform
3. Build for WebGL
4. Use https://app.netlify.com for hosting the WebGL Build
5. Enter the address generated by https://app.netlify.com
6. Navigate to "edge://inspect/#devices" or "chrome://inspect/#devices"
7. Attach Chrome/Edge DevTools to the device and Inspect the loaded Webpage Console
Expected result: WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing returns True or False on WebGL Android
Actual result: WebCamDevice.isFrontFacing always returns False on WebGL Android (See attached Results.png)
Reproduces on: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.12f1, 2020.2.0b10, 2021.1.0a4
Reproduced on these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
Could not test on these devices(Due to the browser Console not outputting anything):
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
N/A, Lge LG V50 ThinQ (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
-If the Console is not outputting anything, a refresh of the page is required.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off
- The construction of a specific class breaks the binding Bool references and does not allow them to be toggled on back by hand when working in the Custom Editor window
- AssetReferenceAtlasedSprite creates a copy of the Sprite during Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<TObject> which does not release when Addressables.Release is used
- Crash on TryToRegisterMonoScriptToHashMap when importing a specific .unitypackage