Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.3.X
WebGL Linear color space, Camera Viewport rect problem in built game
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project file and open "scene" Scene
2. Change Platform to WebGL
3. In Player Settings, choose Linear in Color Space
4. Build game and open in browser
Actual result: In Linear Color Space WebGL build if the viewport rect is different from the default, the result is not the same.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b4, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Note: Everythings fine in editor or with Gamma build
Fixed in: 2019.1, 2018.3.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Jul 11, 2018 11:47
2018.2 and this is still not fixed...
Jun 21, 2018 09:13
Yep, Changing to Gamma colorspace fixed the issue. Scratched my head for a while before i found the thread mentioned by OCHRISJONESO. This is pretty severe due to the fact that the problem is seemingly unrelated to the "solution".
Jun 14, 2018 16:04
Note: This issue doesn't seem to happen on all PCs. It seems to be a jumbled mix likely based on the hardware specs it's being tested on. On my good computer I don't have a problem but on my older PC it has this problem exactly.
Feb 18, 2018 14:06
Any news for this bug?
Feb 09, 2018 16:23
Workaround: You can declare _ZN11ContextGLES7ReleaseEv as extern and call it. It is a void().
Feb 09, 2018 14:25
This is a pretty big blocker for WebGL projects, I would like to see this prioritised for the next release.
@ochrisjoneso: Thanks for the thorough explanation, really saved us a bit of time and frustration :)
Jan 25, 2018 14:49
Still not fixed, but I have found a workaround. See: https://forum.unity.com/threads/canvas-size-resolution-will-not-scale-when-using-linear-color-space.508476/
Jan 08, 2018 15:44
Seems similar to:
This is really effecting your WebGL users.
Dec 20, 2017 10:55
2017.3.0f3 still has the same issue!
Please fix it ASAP, it's a blocker for our release.
Dec 14, 2017 14:48
Needs fixed! Can't really use Linear in WebGL until this gets addressed.