Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
[WebGL] FMOD error spam in the console when playing an Audio Clip in a Timeline
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "WebGLAudio2020-2.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Go to File -> Build Settings
4. Make sure Platform is set to WebGL
5. Press Build And Run
6. Inspect the console in the browser
Expected result: No error messages are spammed in the browser's console
Actual result: "FMOD returns error code 78 (FMOD_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED) executing setMix" error message is getting spammed in the browser's console
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a8, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a21
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.1.0a7
- In 2018.4.26f1 - 2019.1.0a7 the same message is getting spammed as info message, but not as an error message (which should be the correct behavior, since the console could be filtered and important error messages would be visible, while in 2019.4, 2020.1 and 2020.2 error messages are getting spammed and important error messages can be lost in all of that spam)
Apr 17, 2023 20:40
Still seeing these issues in Unity 2019.4 and 2020.3.47f1
Apr 05, 2023 11:06
2022.2.12f1 still spamming these errors!!!
Mar 31, 2023 20:19
I just updated from "2021.3.13f1" to "2022.2.12f1" and now get that error constantly spammed.
Dec 28, 2022 17:50
the error is still reproducible in 2022.2
Aug 24, 2022 16:33
We are still looking forward to the 2020.3.X fix for this. I Hope it is released soon.
Apr 21, 2022 20:31
EDIT: in 2021.3.0f1, when browser window is minimized, or another browser tab is active, coming back to the tab with the game makes the audio work. Please help!
Apr 21, 2022 20:11
Still getting these errors in WEBGL builds from 2021.3.0f1 ( = 2021 LTS !!!) and audio won't play.
Getting the same errors from 2020.3.26f1 but audio plays there. So that means I have to continue my project with the old version instead of the newer LTS version??
Apr 12, 2022 09:50
Please fix this in 2020.x LTS?
Mar 21, 2022 14:59
Please backport this fix to 2020 LTS
Oct 15, 2021 02:21
Still "Planned for 2020.3.X" after a year and more later.. This bug implies you cannot touch both Timeline and even manually managed Playable Graph in WebGL game if it has an audio node. That sounds like a very serious bug to me. All the cutscenes must be mute! Or having to time the audio separately using Timeline Marker that fires audioSource.PlayOneShot or something.
(By the way, the audio sounds perfect like it works, just that there are error spam. If Unity take a a day or a week surely this could be fixed? Come on, please!!)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a7
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.39f1