Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[WebGL][Android] Memory growth above 256mb causes [Could Not Allocate] errors in Chromium based browsers
1. Open the attached project "WebGL-MemoryTest-main.zip"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "MemoryTest.unity" and switch to WebGL Platform
3. Build for WebGL
4. Use https://app.netlify.com for hosting the WebGL Build
5. Enter the address generated by https://app.netlify.com in the Android device
6. Navigate to "edge://inspect/#devices" or "chrome://inspect/#devices"
7. Attach Chrome/Edge DevTools to the device
8. In the Input Field enter "200" and press the "Add Textures" Button
9. Inspect the DevTools Console
Expected result: Memory growth above 256 Mb does not cause [Could Not Allocate] memory errors in Chromium based browsers
Actual result: Memory growth above 256 Mb causes [Could Not Allocate] memory errors in Chromium based browsers
Reproduced on these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00339, Lge LG V50 ThinQ 5G (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
Reproduces on: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1, 2021.2.0a1
Could not test on 2018.4.30f1 due to the project breaking when downgrading
Tested with these browsers on Android: Chrome (87.0.4280.101), Ecosia (18.104.22.168), Opera (61.2.3076.56749)
-Issue does not reproduce on Dekstop browsers
-Issue does not reproduce on Android Firefox
-You can set the initial memory to a higher value such as 512mb, but increasing memory above that still causes the browser to fail when allocating memory.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo