Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
WebcamTexture renders with artifacts (grain & noise) when color space is set to Linear
WebcamTexture rendering with artifacts(grain and noise) in play mode when color space is set to Linear
Steps to reproduce
1) Create new project > New scene > Apply ExampleClass script attached below to any gameObject.
1) Install Vuforia Component.
2) New project > New Scene > Right click in hierarchy > Vuforia > AR Camera
3) Play the scene
Actual result: WebcamTexture renders with grain and noise
Environment: Mac 10.12 and 10.13
Reproducible on: 2018.2.0a7, 2018.2.0a4, 2018.2.0a3
Works fine on: 2018.2.0a2, 2018.2.0a1, 2018.1.0b13, 2018.1.0b1, 2017.3.0f3
By design: Caused by change of player settings default color space from Gamma to Linear. Vuforia requires Gamma color space in order to correctly render video background image.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position