Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2022.2.X, 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X
"wasm-ld.exe" is not terminated when canceling a WebGL Build during the "Linking build.js (wasm)" phase
How to reproduce:
# Open a new project
# Build the project for WebGL
# Cancel the Build during "Linking build.js (wasm)" phase
# Open the Windows Task Manager
Expected results: "wasm-ld.exe" is terminated
Actual results: "wasm-ld.exe" continues to execute
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0f1, 2023.1.0a23
Could not test with: 2020.3.42f1, 2021.3.15f1, 2022.1.23f1 (no "Linking build.js (wasm)" phase shown)
Reproducible on: Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Outlines are visible on Mesh when Alpha Clipping is enabled and Surface Type is set to Opaque
- UI Elements are not getting focused when navigating through using arrow keys if they’re placed in a specific position
- Deleted scene selection is wonky in the Build Settings
- [macOS] "Preventing Sleep" setting is set to "Yes" in a built Player application
- [Quest][URP] Enabling post processing on a camera when it's disabled on the URP settings forces rendering into an intermediate texture
Mar 06, 2023 07:18
Seems this slows down WebGL builds for a lot of people, https://forum.unity.com/threads/webgl-build-linking-build-js-wasm-takes-forever.1315203/
Mar 02, 2023 12:30
Still happens on 2022.2.8f1
Feb 07, 2023 12:47
Also happens on 2022.2.5f1
Jan 22, 2023 00:38
Confirmed on 2022.2.1f1/2022.2.2f1 too.
Dec 21, 2022 18:33
happens on 2022.2.1f1 Linux also.
Dec 20, 2022 08:02
Confirmed on 2022.2.1f1 too.