Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
A warning appears when a GameObject with a Collider is added to a GameObject with a CompositeCollider2D in Play mode
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open Assets > SampleScene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Select the "[Testbed]" GameObject
5. In the Inspector enable "Put Into Composite"
6. Select GameObject "Collider" (Composite's child) and observe Inspector
Expected result: No warning message
Actual result: Warning message: "The collider will not function with a composite until there is a CompositeCollider2D on the GameObject that the attached Rigidbody2D is on."
Reproduced with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
- Inspector window's ObjectFields are not updating correctly
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
This has been fixed but it is caused by the fact that when enabling a Collider2D, it didn't check to see if there is a new CompositeCollider2D available in the new hierarchy.
Fixed in Unity 2022.2.0a3 and above.
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fix for this issue available on Unity 2022.1.0b7 and above
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fix for this issue available on Unity 2021.2.11f1 and above