Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Video's Alpha not transparent when built with WebGL
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "VideoAlphaBug.zip"
2. Build and Run with WebGL
Expected result: Video's background is transparent
Actual result: Video's background is black
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a3, 2021.2.11f1, 2022.1.0b6, 2022.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.35f1, 2020.3.28f1, 2021.2.0a2
Note: Not reproducible in Play Mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2021.3.4f1, 2022.2.0a11 and above.
The problem only appears when using linear colorspace. Alpha support had been disabled because of browser bugs in handling linearization of sRGBA content. The disabling has been restricted only to the browser platforms where this is known to be broken, which is Firefox and WebKit-based browsers. Chromium-based browsers are now back to supporting transparent videos in linear colorspace. Note that transparent videos in sRGBA colorspace are not impacted by this (they were and remain functional).
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.4f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3):
Fixed in 2021.3.4f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Issue is not reproducible in this version similar to 2019.4.
The reason being that support for linear space is not introduced in 2020.3 yet - Linear space support has removed the transparency on other versions.
Since the linear support is not part of 2020.3, the transparency functions as expected.
Using tip of the 2020.3 staging's change-set to mark the case resolved.
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.40f1