Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.0f3
Fixed in 5.6.X
Video player doesn't play when building on Windows for OSX
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project on Windows
2. Build for OSX, x86_64 Architecture (Don't build for x86, it is confirmed not to work by design)
3. Load the build on an OSX machine and observe video not playing
Expected result: Video player works no matter what platform you build it from
Actual result: If you build on OSX for OSX - it works, if you build on Windows for OSX, it doesn't
Reproduced on 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b4
Notes: No regression test because Video player wasn't part of UnityEngine class below 5.6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Jul 05, 2017 10:25
Unity 5.6.2p1, when cloud build for windows 64, this issue happens.
Jun 14, 2017 01:36
Same issue, my workflow is based on unity cloud too.
On standalone mac or in the editor, works perfectly fine.
But with the standalone windows build, the video player stay black and never start.
This one is really a pain, it means that to have a working game, Unity Cloud is useless and we need to manually build the game on different machine for every update ...
Reproduced on 5.6.0f3 and 5.6.1.f1
May 25, 2017 09:31
I've had a similar issue. I have a test scene with a video playing to a render target on Mac OS. Building the Mac App on my build machine and on Unity Cloud build, the video plays in the app on Mac. If I deploy a Windows EXE from Mac, that EXE does not play the video.
Cloning that test repository on my Windows build machine results in an EXE that does play the video correctly. However, if I set Unity Cloud build to build for windows, it makes an EXE that does not play the video.
Tested on 5.6.0f3 and 5.6.1.f1