Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[VFX][Improved Prefab] Changes do not apply to the prefab if saving it from Modified Component from the burger button
Changes do not apply to the prefab if saving it from Modified Component from the burger button
Steps to Repro:
1. Create a new Project
2. Install VFX from the Package Manager
3. Hierarchy > right-click > Visual Effect > Visual Effect
4. Create a prefab of Visual Effect
5. Select Hierarchy > Visual Effect > Inspector > change values of Random Seed = 10, Transparency Priority = 10
6. Click on Burger button > Modified Component > Apply to prefab 'Visual Effect'
Expected Result: Changes should be applied to the prefab
Actual Result: Changes in Renderer are not applied to the Prefab
Reproducible in:2020.2.0a18, 2020.1.0b16, 2019.4.3f1, 2019.3.15f1 with Package Version 9.0.0-preview.33, 8.2.0, 8.1.0, 8.0.1, 7.4.1, 7.3.1.
Note: Changes are applied if it is done from Override button
Environment: Windows 10 and Mac 10.15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button