Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[UWP] XAML build shifts from App to a slate when TouchScreenKeyboard is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "TestKeyboard.zip" project
2. Build to UWP with XAML Build Type
3. Open Visual Studio solution
4. Build the solution to Hololens 2 (with ARM64 Remote machine deploy settings)
5. Start the text input
Expected result: Keyboard appears within the App
Actual result: Keyboard is pushed out of the App
Reproducible with: 2019.4.14f1, 2020.1.13f1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a5
- The issue was not reproducible on HL 1
- The issue does not appear in the D3D Build Type
- Could not reproduce on 2018.4, because of errors
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
This is actually "By Design".
Originally with HoloLens, the Windows APIs (CoreTextEditContext) used to interface with the soft Keyboard wasn't supported, and so internal XAML forms were used as a proxy for entering text. Now, HoloLens properly supports these APIs and the UWP TouchScreenKeyboard was completely re-written to fully integrate the Keyboard with the Unity UI controls (InputField and TextMeshPro).
However, the "old" implementation is still around and used for XAML projects Going forward we'll remove the old keyboard code, and we "might* be able to backport the change to 2019 LTS, so long as it doesn't break anything.