Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[UWP][WSA] SystemInfo.deviceType always returns "Desktop"
Windows Phone 10, Win10 and Win8.1 tablets always return "Desktop" using SystemInfo.deviceType. Only WP8.1 returns "Handheld", which is correct.
1. open "SystemInfo_project.zip" project;
2. build to WSA8.1 or UWP;
3. deploy on Win10 or Win8.1 tablet or WP10;
SystemInfo.deviceType always returns "Desktop". Expected results are described in scripting reference: http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/DeviceType.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"