Search Issue Tracker
UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture when using specific webcam
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download attached project
2. Build project for UWP with IL2CPP or .NET backend
3. Launch UWP player
Actual results: UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture
Exception thrown at 0x00007FFB828FA388 in WebcamText.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: detail::system_hresult_exception at memory location 0x0000000E0C3FE0A8.
Error: Operation has failed with error 0x80028019: Old format or invalid type library.
(C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/MetroWebCamTexture.cpp:WebCamTexture::Play at 452)
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a6, 2019.1.0b3, 2018.3.6f1, 2017.4.20f1
- Issue reproducible with Logitech HD Webcam C270, Logitech HD Webcam 525 and QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF.
- Not reproducible with Logitech HD Webcam 615 and Surface Pro 4 build in camera
- Reproducible with x64 and x86 architecture
- Reproducible with .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.x runtime
- Not reproducible on Standalone player (mono and IL2CPP)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes