Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.2.X, 2017.4.X, 2018.1.X, 2018.2.X
Exception is thrown when child game object is detached from parent.
This issue is reproducible if the parent game object anywhere in the hierarchy has Text Mesh Pro game object attached.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download repro_1035793 project
2. Change platform to UWP
3. Build with IL2CPP backend
4. Open solution in Visual Studios
5. Run project on Local Machine
Results: Build throws out an exception when a child object is detached.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b4, 2017.4.3f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.2.0b11
Not reproducible with: 2017.2.0b10, 2017.1.3p4
Regression introduced in: 2017.2.0b10
Reproducible with .NET and IL2CPP backends.
Workaround: remove Text Mesh Pro GameObject from the parent's hierarchy.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU