Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Exception is thrown when child game object is detached from parent.
This issue is reproducible if the parent game object anywhere in the hierarchy has Text Mesh Pro game object attached.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download repro_1035793 project
2. Change platform to UWP
3. Build with IL2CPP backend
4. Open solution in Visual Studios
5. Run project on Local Machine
Results: Build throws out an exception when a child object is detached.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b4, 2017.4.3f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.2.0b11
Not reproducible with: 2017.2.0b10, 2017.1.3p4
Regression introduced in: 2017.2.0b10
Reproducible with .NET and IL2CPP backends.
Workaround: remove Text Mesh Pro GameObject from the parent's hierarchy.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework