Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2017.2, 2017.4, 2018.1, 2018.2
Exception is thrown when child game object is detached from parent.
This issue is reproducible if the parent game object anywhere in the hierarchy has Text Mesh Pro game object attached.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download repro_1035793 project
2. Change platform to UWP
3. Build with IL2CPP backend
4. Open solution in Visual Studios
5. Run project on Local Machine
Results: Build throws out an exception when a child object is detached.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b4, 2017.4.3f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.2.0b11
Not reproducible with: 2017.2.0b10, 2017.1.3p4
Regression introduced in: 2017.2.0b10
Reproducible with .NET and IL2CPP backends.
Workaround: remove Text Mesh Pro GameObject from the parent's hierarchy.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build