Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
[UWP] Building project for Visual Studio 2019 generates solution that targets build tools for VS 2017 tool-set (v141)
How to reproduce:
1. Have a system with Visual Studio 2019 and no Visual Studio 2017 and no MSVC v141
2. Create a new project or open existing one
3. In Build Settings, switch target platform to UWP
4. Verify "Visual Studio Version" field is set to "Visual Studio 2019" or "Latest installed" and that no other Visual Studio version is listed
5. Build the project
6. Open the newly build Visual Studio Solution (with Visual Studio 2019)
7. Build on Local Machine with Debug|x64 options
-- Building process fails with an error that the build tools for Visual Studio 2017 (v141) cannot be found. (exact error message below)
Expected result: When "Visual Studio 2019" or "Latest installed" option is selected (step 4), step 5 should generate a solution that targets Platform Toolset v142 without the need to manually Retarget Solution in Visual Studio.
Actual result: Building project for "Visual Studio 2019" generates a solution that targets build tools for Visual Studio 2017, therefore, it is needed to manually Retarget Solution in Visual Studio.
Reproducible with - 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: Not tested on 2017.4.29f1, 2019.1.0a1-a9 and since VS 2019 installation is not detected on those versions.
Exact error message:
Error MSB8020 The build tools for Visual Studio 2017 (Platform Toolset = 'v141') cannot be found. To build using the v141 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2017 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution". New Unity Project (2) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 379
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows are not cast when you first Blit the Shadow map and then set it back to Buffer
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made