Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
[iOS] Batchmode builds fail with CloudDiagnostics enabled when USYM_UPLOAD_AUTH_TOKEN is not set
./utr.pl --suite=integration --testtarget=iOS --testfilter=Unity.IntegrationTests.CrashReporting.CrashReportingBuildsTest.CanBuildiOS
The test enables CloudDiagnostics and performs a batchmode build. The resultant Xcode project won't compile with the error:
Please provide an auth token with USYM_UPLOAD_AUTH_TOKEN environment variable.
Compiling the Xcode project by passing the env variable to xcodebuild process results in a successful build:
USYM_UPLOAD_AUTH_TOKEN=test xcodebuild build <projectPath>
1. Download attached "Project.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Change the platform to iOS
3. Enable Cloud Diagnostics
4. Close Unity Editor
5. Build in BatchMode with Arguments:
<Unity Path> -batchmode -buildTarget iOS -runTests -testplatform playmode -projectpath <PATH> -executeMethod BuildScript.UnityBuildTest -username <Your Unity ID> -password <Password of your Unity ID> -quit
6. When Build complete, open Xcode project
7. In Menu bar press Product > Build
Expected result: Xcode successfully Builds Project
Actual result: Xcode fails to Build Project and throws Error:
"Please provide an auth token with USYM_UPLOAD_AUTH_TOKEN environment variable"
- This issue happens only on iOS
- If You Build directly from Unity Editor, everything works as Expected
- If You Build without "-runTests -testplatform playmode" or with Cloud Diagnostics disabled, the Build in Xcode completes without any issues
- The Project and a Video how to reproduce this issue are attached in Comments section
- There are few Forum links to this issue:
Reproduced on Unity 2018.4.1f1, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b8 and 2019.3.0a8
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.4.0f1
Regression on Unity 2018.4.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy