Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2021.2.X
Fixed in 11
Found in [Package]
URP - Warnings about missing metadata appear after installing
After installing the Universal render pipeline in a new 2021.1.0b7 project, I get two errors about missing metafiles.
Warning: "A metadata file (.meta) exists but its folder 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Custom' can't be found, and has been created. Empty directories cannot be stored in version control, so it's assumed that the metadata file is for an empty directory in version control. When moving or deleting folders outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it."
Steps to reproduce
- Create a new project with Unity 2021.1.0b7.
- Install URP via the package manager.
Notice Issue >> Warnings appear in the console
Reproducable: Windows 10, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.1.0b5, URP 11.0
Not reproducable: 2020.2.4f1 URP 10.3.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Apr 26, 2022 04:38
I have this same problem! Reinstalled the entire 2021 LTS package, restarted computer, uninstalled URP through package manager and then reinstalled, still broken