Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2021.2.X
Fixed in 11
Found in [Package]
URP - Warnings about missing metadata appear after installing
After installing the Universal render pipeline in a new 2021.1.0b7 project, I get two errors about missing metafiles.
Warning: "A metadata file (.meta) exists but its folder 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Custom' can't be found, and has been created. Empty directories cannot be stored in version control, so it's assumed that the metadata file is for an empty directory in version control. When moving or deleting folders outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it."
Steps to reproduce
- Create a new project with Unity 2021.1.0b7.
- Install URP via the package manager.
Notice Issue >> Warnings appear in the console
Reproducable: Windows 10, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.1.0b5, URP 11.0
Not reproducable: 2020.2.4f1 URP 10.3.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System prefab doesn't simulate when in prefab mode and the Editor is playing but paused
- Cannot move/rotate/scale static objects in prefab mode when playing
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- PhotoCapture has a very low framerate
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP