Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 13.1.2
Found in [Package]
[URP] "RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index" errors when opening URP sample scenes
1. Open new URP Template Unity project
2. In Package Manager, select "Universal RP" package and import "URP Package Samples"
3. Open scene "AmbientOcclusion"
4. Observe Console window
Expected result: No errors
Actual result: "RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 1 in DrawMesh", "RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 2 in DrawMesh", "RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 3 in DrawMesh" errors
Reproducible with: 12.1.0 (2021.2.0b16), 13.0.0 (2022.1.0a12)
Not reproducible with: 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b15), 13.0.0 (2022.1.0a11)
Could not test with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.23f1 (Samples not available)
1. The issue no longer reproduces after reopening the scene or project
2. The issue reproduces with the following scenes - AmbientOcclusion, ProxyLighting
Feb 14, 2023 02:32
Present in 2021.3.4f1.
Why hasn't this been backported?
Jan 29, 2023 21:43
Still found in 2021.3.16f1
Jan 13, 2023 17:29
Getting that error in Unity 2021.3.15f1, URP 12.1.8
Jan 02, 2023 16:28
Still seeing this issue, for me it occurred after upgrading from 2021.3.14f1 to 2021.3.16f1. Completely breaks the rendering in my builds, it's like the Windows XP error box that just repeats itself. Still present in 2022.2.1f1.
Dec 26, 2022 07:26
Fixed in 13.1.2 - can we have this fix on 2021.3 LTS with URP 12 ? We don't feel like upgrading to non-LTS yet.
Nov 26, 2022 22:40
2021.3.14f1 Still the same errors we get!
Oct 27, 2022 14:29
im using version 2021.3.12f1... i encounter these errors... but once the package was imported it was fixed right away...
Oct 08, 2022 04:33
still found in URP 12.1.7 Unity 2021.3.11
Oct 07, 2022 13:08
Issue presenting with fresh 3D (URP) project using 2021.3.9f1 *at editor launch*.
The issue is baked-in. Blank scene presenting errors consistently with no user input, no package imports or changes. Literally blank scene from LTS template.
Sep 01, 2022 21:43
Wow, same error on opening a brand new project in Unity 2021 LTS
RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 1 in DrawMesh
RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 2 in DrawMesh
RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 3 in DrawMesh
This is on Unity 2021.3.1f1.32 LTS and latest URP for 2021 LTS (12.1.6)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 13.1.2):
Fixed in URP 13.1.2, which is available in 2022.1.0b1