Search Issue Tracker
"Property (_BaseColor) already exists. Use SetTexture instead." thrown with URP SimpleLit material and .mainTexture is called
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Regressions2019.3.10.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Project window, Reimport 'SetTexture' script
3. In Hierarchy window, select 'GameObject' object
4. In Inspector window, right-click on 'SetTexture' script component -> "Set"
5. Observe Console window
Expected result: texture is assigned to the object material, no warnings are thrown
Actual result: warning in console "Property _BaseColor already exists"
Reproducible with: 2019.3.8f1, 2019.4.1f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1 (LWRP 4.10.1) 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.7f1 (URP 7.3.1)
Could not test with:
- No repro on MacOS
- No repro with Universal Render Pipeline/Lit shader
- "Set" error only prints to console once per session (reimport 'SetTexture' script)
- Used DX11 when checking
- a similar error prints every time "Set" is clicked if we add Debug.Log(renderer.sharedMaterial.mainTexture);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Motion field of the Blend Tree doesn't get set when double clicking on the Motion in the Select Motion window
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- [Mobile] DownloadHander.text throws an exeption when reading a not supported exception
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1