Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Won't Fix in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X
Unloading an AssetBundle that contains a material causes a call to FindObjectsOfType
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open "Main" scene
3. Open profiler and select CPU usage section
4. Click "L" button to load the AssetBundle
5. Click "U" to unload the AssetBundle
- Inspect the profiler when unloading happened
Result: Unloading an AssetBundle that contains a material causes a call to FindObjectsOfType()
Problem: This could cause performance issues, especially with very large scenes with many objects
Expected result: The functionality of unloading AssetBundles should be optimised because calling FindObjectsOfType() would cause performance issues on large scenes.
Reproduced with: 5.6.2p4, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b3, 2017.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window