Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unloading a scene can destroy non-instantiated prefabs that are indirectly referred to by other currently-loaded scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "UnloadSceneBug.zip"
2. Open and play Scene1
3. Left Mouse Click to the game view, it will load Scene2
4. LMC again and it will unload Scene1
5. Notice that message which was displayed by Scene1 disappears and the one in Scene2 is "success"
6. Build and run the project for standalone target
7. Repeat step 3 and 4
8. Notice that message which was displayed by Scene1 disappears and the one in Scene2 is "ndataRedirect was destroyed"
Note: By "indirect references" user means that an object in Scene2 contains a reference to a non-instantiated prefab X, and X in turn contains a reference to a non-instantiated prefab Y. After unloading Scene1, X remains valid, but Y disappears.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs