Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
UnityWebRequest fails to verify certificate when "Let's Encrypt Authority X1" certificate is present in system trust store
1. Open Certificate Manager (In Windows, search for "Manage user certificates" in the Start menu)
2. If present, delete Let's Encrypt Authority X3 certificate under "Current User\Intermediate Certification Authorities\Certificates"
3. If not present, install the Let's Encrypt Authority X1 certificate attached below
4. Open the attached project (case_1215665.zip)
5. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: WebRequest is successful and data is fetched
Actual result: The error "Curl error 51: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_NOT_TRUSTED" is thrown and no data is fetched
Reproduced in: 2018.4.10f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a4
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.9f1, 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a3, 2020.1.0a11, 2020.1.0a21
Regressed in: 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a4, most likely caused by Case 1076758
May 08, 2020 17:36
That problem still pesists on 2019.2.21f1. And apparently on other versions as well
May 08, 2020 15:51
2019.2.18f1 Error shows up in console. Unity closes when I hit play. Can still build the project and run that.
May 08, 2020 15:04
Got this in 2019.2.17f1. It just happened
May 08, 2020 14:53
Problem still exists encountered 9:52 am. No workaround found
May 08, 2020 14:52
Hey, where can I find attached file(case_1215665.zip)?
May 08, 2020 14:44
May 08, 2020 14:00
It seems everyone is getting same problem. 2018.4.22f1. Can build for iOS but Android keeps failing.
May 08, 2020 13:52
It same my problem at 2018.4.16f1, but at 2019.2.9f1 work normal.
May 08, 2020 13:37
Got that issue today as well with 2019.2.13f1.
May 08, 2020 13:36
Deleting "Let's Encrypt Authority X3 certificate" does not solve the problem
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Documentation page is not displayed when the "VFX Value Noise 3D" question mark is clicked
- Texture Mipmap Streaming uses wrong scales after Materials are changed at runtime
- Texture Mipmap Streaming doesn't work with HDRP/Lit shader's UV tiling
- Object overlay camera does not render when Depth/Stencil Buffer is disabled
- Shadows are not rendered on the transparent material when the "Deferred" Rendering Path is selected
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a11
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.3f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.18f1