Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
UnityWebRequest fails to verify certificate when "Let's Encrypt Authority X1" certificate is present in system trust store
1. Open Certificate Manager (In Windows, search for "Manage user certificates" in the Start menu)
2. If present, delete Let's Encrypt Authority X3 certificate under "Current User\Intermediate Certification Authorities\Certificates"
3. If not present, install the Let's Encrypt Authority X1 certificate attached below
4. Open the attached project (case_1215665.zip)
5. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: WebRequest is successful and data is fetched
Actual result: The error "Curl error 51: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_NOT_TRUSTED" is thrown and no data is fetched
Reproduced in: 2018.4.10f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a4
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.9f1, 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a3, 2020.1.0a11, 2020.1.0a21
Regressed in: 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a4, most likely caused by Case 1076758
Oct 25, 2021 16:20
This issue is not fixed in Unity 2019.4.31f1 or Unity 2020.3.21f1
May 02, 2021 07:12
it is not fixed in 2019.4.25f1
Feb 23, 2021 18:13
Got this error on 2020.2.5f1. Any solution?
Jan 28, 2021 15:55
Jan 18, 2021 13:11
The bug still exists in version 2019.2.21f1
Nov 25, 2020 09:17
Just got it in 2018.4.29, any help please.
Nov 16, 2020 12:58
I have this problem on Unity 2019.4.8f1 (LTS version). Anyone know how to fix it ?
May 18, 2020 10:37
I am on Unity 2020.1 and getting this error, wasn't this supposed to be fixed?
May 08, 2020 17:57
Where is the attached file? Can't find any attached file or the Certificate!
May 08, 2020 17:37
seems like a lot of people have the same problem today, i have this problem in 2018.4.16f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a11
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.3f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.18f1