Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.1
UnityPreload crashes with a long property name
The editor crashes when opening a scene file. The following conditions must be met:
- Asset Serialization Mode is set to “Force Text”.
- There is a script which has a public variable with a very long name (over 80 characters).
- That variable refers to an asset.
The error message says "terminating with uncaught exception of type std::out_of_range::basic_string::substr".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true