Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.3
UnityEngine.UI reference is missing in Assembly Definition Assemblies and Plugins
1. Download attached “UnityUIReference.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Open Console window
Expected results: There is no Error
Actual results: There is Error:
"Assets/AsmDef/Test.cs(1,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"
- This issue appears both on Windows and macOS
- Notice how UnityEngine.UI resolves properly with a normal Script (Assets/Test.cs)
- Notice how UnityEngine.UI fails to resolve in the Script placed under an Assembly Definition (Assets/AsmDef/Test.cs)
Reproduced on Unity 2019.2.0a5, 2019.2.0b2 and 2019.3.0a3
Not reproduced on Unity 2019.2.0a4
Regression on Unity 2019.2.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets